It is hard for me to describe how amazed and thrilled I am at the way the world wide web community has embraced Beautiful You in such a short space of time.  Through writing here I have been connected to so many amazing people, both those who share my passion for body image advocacy and those of you who are looking for some inspiration and ways you can positively develop this part of your life.  And really – isn’t that all of us!  Many of you have written to me expressing your gratitude for ways in which Beautiful You has helped you and I want to let you know that the joy and pride that brings me is immeasurable.
I nearly have 200 followers (amazing!) and so wanted to give a little something back to all of you who connect in with me regularly.  As soon as we hit 200 I am going to randomly draw one of my followers and give them this beautiful silver compact.  It has a blue jewell encrusted butterfly on it and its purchase has supported The Butterfly Foundation – Australia’s largest charitable foundation assisting those with eating disorders and negative body image.
Thank you followers for being part of the Beautiful You community.  You are incredibly special to me.

10 people have commented
  1. Jackie says:

Just so you know – you probably have more "followers" than you think ;)

I actually follow Beautiful You via Google Reader, so i don't show up on your list of "followers". I know a lot of people follow you exclusively through Facebook too, so don't underestimate how far reaching the love is! :)

Thankyou for bringing so much loveliness to my life :)

Jackie (Jacqueline)

2. Jackie says:

Oh, & can we buy these direct from Butterfly?

3. Candice says:

Thank you for providing an inspirational blog to your readers.
    This is a beautiful compact & I love that its purchase has helped "The Butterfly Foundation". Im an ex dancer & there are so many dancers out there with eating disorders (but there are healthy ones too). Its a great foundation.

4. Julie says:

Jackie – Thank you for that great reminder. Please consider yourself in the draw to win the compact and if there is anyone else out there that accesses Beautiful You via a reader, feed or on Facebook – just leave me a comment here and you are 'in it to win it!'

I'm afraid these compacts have actually sold out. There were only a limited few made so they are really special. The Foundation has lots of other beautiful gifts though which you can find at their website – http://www.thebutterflyfoundation.org.au

5. Your Cheeky Monkey says:

What a lovely post Julie, I think you give a lot more to us than we give to you! Congrats on being nearly at 200 followers. Monique xx

6. christy says:

Julie-
    This is a truly beautiful blog. I absolutely love it and am now following:). Found you on MBC/FFF.
    Christy
    twitter:@aidenscross

7. Michell says:

I love your blog and so glad I found it…I can totally see thru photos of my life when I finally realized that I was beautiful…you can so see it in the photos that I believe it!!! The "before" photos are all so sad and it's the same looking girl…it's amazing how life changes when you find and believe your beauty:)

8. Fiona says:

Great idea Julie, and thanks so much. I follow you via my google reader.

9. Julie says:

We are at the magic 200! Thankyou all. The randomly drawn winner of the compact is "Harriet" who blogs here – http://harrietbrown.blogspot.com Thanks Harriet. I have emailed you to share the good news.

Your comment...